Monday 2 May 2016

Well, Hell.

(From April 30)

Well. What to even say about these past few days… As I wrote previously, I was expecting a relaxing bonding experience with my close friends on this program. Boy was I wrong.

I don’t want to go into details, partly to protect the privacy of those on my program, and partly because I don’t think I can handle reliving all of the events of the last sixty or so hours, but it was, to be blunt, the retreat from hell. The literal plague hit; there was fighting, there was debauchery, there was betrayal… It was an episode out of some apocalyptic horror drama movie. I thought it’d be rejuvenating, but I’m just more exhausted and homesick and ready to be away from the majority of these individuals than ever before.

On the bright side, I solidified the friendships that I knew were true and really found out who my dearest friends are. I have deep admiration for so many people on this program (not all, but many), and that’s a dear gift.

I leave tomorrow on a plane, heading back to the States and to home and to those whom I love most in the world. The WiFi at the hostel of course doesn’t work (duh), so I’ll be chatting with friends and sleeping all night with few distractions.

I can’t wait to be home.


Aubrey

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there's got to be at least one nasty thing for you to fully appreciate the good n great times you've had all the while Aubrey. Hey take a chill pill you're probably home now n had already forgotten about it. One request from my side: don't stop writing now and then when you're back here maybe in school or wherever if it works with your schedule?

    Your blog spreads joy to the world n it's fun to catch up on it after a long day at work. I gotta tell ya,youve been a part of all of the extended Internet family n it's not going to be good to see you go.

    Keep smiling n spread the love,
    Rajesh Tripurneni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Thank you so much for your readership and support. I really appreciate it! I'm hoping to keep up writing in June and July while I'm living in Montana--as long as you promise to keep up with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its certainly been a while you've posted something on here Aubrey ;)

      I looked up my rummage in my chrome and your blog came out as is where I was last reading it about a month ago. BRING IT ON AUBS ;)

      Your long lost reader (RT)

      Delete