Thursday 18 June 2015

Getting Comfortable

Yesterday, I made sure to pay extra attention on the bus ride to work to ensure that I wouldn't miss my stop. I was so pleased with myself as the bus pulled up to the school... AND THEN IT LITERALLY DROVE BY MY STOP WITHOUT EVEN SLOWING DOWN. NO. I was NOT gonna let this happen again.

Me to my bus driver

I marched to the front of the bus and insisted to be let off on the side of the road. The driver moaned and groaned, but I made it clear that I was getting off this dang bus. So, he let the door slide open, and I basically jumped out and rolled as the bus sped off. Okay, not exactly, but still. Plus, this was of course the day I'd chosen to be all cute and wear four-inch wedges, so I hobbled down the street and watched my fellow interns' bus roll by like--

ow ow ow ow ow

Last night, I went to a wine bar with a few other interns, and it was absolutely amazing. Everybody is funny and fun and wonderful, especially out of the work environment. I really feel comfortable here now, and I love getting to know the people I'll be travelling the world with! 

Today, I decided to sleep in, tan, read, watch TV, etc. etc. etc. It was fantastic, and great rest, especially considering that I'll be getting on a plane in just a few hours.

And....

I'm going to.....


ISTANBUL!!! I'm headed to Turkey!!! The intersection of Europe and Asia, the land of Christianity and Islam. I can't wait!! Don't know yet whether or not I'll be able to post blogs from the hostel I'll be staying in, so watch Facebook for pictures and check here periodically (: Goodbye for now, my friends!

With love,
Travelling-the-World Aubrey




No comments:

Post a Comment