Monday 8 June 2015

Go in Peace

Quite an exhilarating day! A few other interns and I made a spur of the moment decision to book international plane tickets for NEXT WEEKEND! I'll be going on my first trip out of Israel in just twelve days!!!

OMG OMG OMG

I'll keep it a secret from you lovely readers, though--you'll have to find out about my adventures the day I'm about to leave! Or tomorrow because I'll get too excited and feel the need to gush. I have a wonderful Israeli trip planned for Wednesday, too, so be on the lookout, my friends (:

Dinner tonight was lovely! I went with my host family to the beach for a picnic dinner, and I had my first ever falafel

I'm just so Israeli

This beach was beautiful, of course, and very modern. It had these elevators from the street down this big hill/cliff to the sand, which is like, the coolest.

Those two towers are elevators--ridin' in style

We ate food, and I splashed around with Oreit in the water for about a half hour. She about scared me to death fifteen times, because she's like three feet tall and just loved how I'd frantically pick her up if she flopped to the sand right as a wave came. But to be honest, I probably had just as much fun as she did, and it's fun having a little girl start to see me as part of the family and someone she can trust.

The stunning view and my host fam

Right as we were washing our feet of sand and getting ready to get in the cool elevators, my eyes flitted across this sign.


Go in Peace, it reads, in Hebrew, English, and Arabic. Isn't that beautiful? A reminder to bring with you the relaxation, joy, and contentment that the exquisite day on the sand and in the water gave to you into the world. And the fact that it was in three languages--that made it even cooler. 'Twas a wonderful day, and the next few weeks will be just as stupendous. 

And here's a pic of me because I know you miss my face

Go in Peace,

Your One and Only Aubs


No comments:

Post a Comment