Sunday 28 June 2015

The Family and The Paper

We had a beautiful Shabbat yesterday celebrating the 25th anniversary of my host parents. Their friends and family gathered at their home to commemorate the years they've shared together. It was a surprise that included beautiful pictures and delicious food. However, the kids realized yesterday morning that they'd forgotten to cut ribbon and punch holes for the hanging signs--which indeed constitutes work, forbidden on Shabbat. Oh no, what would they do???

DUN DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!

HEATHEN AUBREY TO THE RESCUE!! I broke all the rules and felt like such a rebel. Aubs saved the day, wahoo!! Only kidding a little bit.

Have I mentioned yet how lucky I am to have my host family? Delicious, healthy, hot dinners. Insight into the Jewish religion and the Israeli lifestyle. Kind, warm, generous people that have entered my heart and will be there for life.Have I mentioned yet how lucky I am to have my host family? Delicious, healthy, hot dinners. Insight into the Jewish religion and the Israeli lifestyle. Kind, warm, generous people that have entered my heart and will be there for life.

Ariella, one of the daughters closest to me in age, leaves for volunteering in Ethiopia on Thursday. I literally have tears in my eyes typing this because I have to say goodbye to her and I won't see her again before I leave. How the heck am I going to say bye to this amazing family that's taken me into their hearts and home? 

Honestly, I can't even think about it or I'll cry. I have exactly two months left until my flight leaves... WOW.

I spent today working. I'm really starting to get into my project! I even wrote the first page of my report today. It took me hours, but hey, it's done--at least, until I turn in my draft and my advisor says "good... now do it all over."

*five hours at work later*

Between the amazing work I get to do and the unbelievably incredible family I get to live with, this summer is flying by. I know this is a super short post, but I just wanted to update you all! I'm happy and excited and so, so lucky (:

Immersed in the Israeli Lifestyle,
AubStod



No comments:

Post a Comment