Saturday 23 January 2016

Jonas

Guys, I can attest from personal experience (aka today) that humans do indeed hibernate. But what is there to do besides eat, sleep, Netflix, repeat, when snow is piling up outside with 40 mile-per-hour winds whipping the flakes into your face? Seriously, I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz when the tornado rips up her house.

being whipped away

This morning, I went downstairs to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for myself and the rest of the IHPers. I fried two packs of bacon and basically ate one of them myself bc duh, that's what I do. Everybody seemed surprised by the fact that I cooked TWO WHOLE PACKS for thirty people, and I was like, "lol this wouldn't even satisfy the Stoddard fam for a Tuesday morning breakfast."

when I make Sierra or Moo a pack of bacon

The rest of my morning was me chillin' in bed--


Eating food, and watching Netflix. 

Later on, after dinner, Caitlin and I were absolutely desperate for coffee, so we legit made a Mount Everest-trek to the Dunkin three blocks away. I had snow up to my knees and my hair was frozen and I couldn't breathe because Caitlin was making me laugh so hard with her freak-outs about the blizzard. We legit got lost in front of the hostel, because walls of snow were blocking the sidewalk and we couldn't see since the snow was whipping our face and both of us were gasping for air. I cannot wait to escape this place. Which will be TOMORROWWWWWW.


That's right!!!! We fly out on Sunday at 11 PM for Dubai, away from this cold and snow and blizzardness. Yay!!!!

Also, after my post the other day about my smiling being unappreciated, I'd like to amend the assertion that no New Yorker appreciates my joy. I walked to Dunkin Donuts yesterday and flashed my happiest smile at the worker that looked like she was having a rough time. She grinned back, and said "your smile... it's nice." I was immediately like--

*tears falling from my eyes*

It honestly reaffirmed my dedication to spreading joy and love and metaphorical sunshine, no matter the reception or the silly looks that people give me. One person smiling back makes all the cold looks worth it! Use this as a reminder for yourself that smiling at others, that dancing along to a street performer's music, that living a joyful life, is one of the simplest but most impactful ways to change the world for the better.


Spreadin' the joy,
Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment