Tuesday 11 August 2015

Just the Usual Quarter-Life Crisis

Ughhhhhhh guyyyyyys. I don't wanna anymore. I'm getting those late-summer blues, exacerbated even further by my solitude and my lack of ability to make mature decisions about my future. Seriously, I am paralyzed a few times a day by the thought,


Honestly, one-liners about my days sound like PSA's for parents who are concerned about their dead-end teenagers.

Like, "Was tonight was the first night in 5 days that your child ate a dinner not consisting of cupcakes, and it was leftover Chinese food from lunch that she ate cold because she was too lazy to heat it up?"

I wish I could go back to school with the extra twenty pounds and the valid excuse of,


But that probs won't fly.

Or, "Has your daughter watched forty episodes of Army Wives in the last two weeks?" (PS Troxy forever.)

And yes, they're each forty minutes long, and no, I don't wanna do that math.

I sit at work, and I'm like,



Because being a responsible "adult" that works for 24 hours a week is, like, really really hard, you guys.

My mom is reading this right now like

"Where did I go wrong?"

But it's not all bad. I mean, I study for the LSAT for at least an hour a day--

*me imagining law school*

I've finished my paper, and I should be finishing up another major project tomorrow.

But I still feel like a little kid! When I describe myself and my summer to other people, like "Yeah I work for the Institute for Counter-Terrorism and I traveled to the Middle East all by myself to study insurgency and I go to Harvard," they probs think I'm like legit or something. I feel like correcting their assumptions like, "no but sometimes I nap in the middle of the day not because I'm tired but because I have nothing else to do. And out of the last twenty-four hours, I've spent five of them watching John Stewart clips just because, and I laugh out loud at them so often that I think my host sister thinks I'm insane. And sometimes I literally skip to the bus because walking seems too ordinary."

Is this how adults feel? Like children that have all of a sudden been given crazy responsibilities they're expected to deal with? Or like ten-year-olds that inhabit these weird, old bodies that make people call them "ma'am"??? I'm not ready for adulthood or maturity, how is it possible that I start my junior year of college in three weeks? Jeez.

As if my quarter-life crisis isn't enough, Michal is leaving me tomorrow to go to Thailand (what a jet-setter) and I'm just watching her pack like 


That means for the next five or so days, I'm going to be all alone.


Which means, more Army Wives, more cupcakes, and more naps. OMG AND BACHELOR IN PARADISE, I JUST REALIZED I HAVE TWO WHOLE NEW EPISODES TO WATCH.

.... I really need to get a hold of my life.

me as my Bachelorette excitement turns to shame

Anyways, guys. Things are good. But I'm getting very excited to see my family then head back to Americaaaaa. ILY USA.

With love and a growing Netflix obsession,
Aubreyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment