Sunday 9 August 2015

Shalom/Ciao, Kajsa!

Today is a sad day--Kajsa, my travelling buddy/feisty Harvard peer/white counterpart (kidding, girl) has abandoned me. She left today for a week-long vacation in Italy before she returns home then back to school. So even though it will seriously be less than three weeks before I see her again, I'm about to pass out.

Me as Kajsa tried to leave work on Thursday

Kajsa and I have experienced a ton together. Here's a compilation of our cuuuutest pics:


Over the last two months, we've experienced: 

2 new languages
17 different cities in 3 different countries
Planes, trains, hitchhiked cars, trams, buses, and vans
Beaches, mountains, forests, and deserts

We've fought off creepy perverts; we've made friends with waiters, world travellers, and stray cats;  and we've traversed holy sites of 4 major religions.

At this point, Kajsa probably knows more about me than any other person on earth--travelling really does expose the quirkiest, most personal, and most unexpected pieces of a person. I literally know the most random and minute details about Kajsa, as well. So, if any boys are lookin' to catch Kajsa's heart, call me first, and I'll give you a 100-question test to decide if you're on her level, then I'll be your Hitch if you do happen to qualify. But if not...


Seriously though, Kajsa and I can communicate with just a look...


And I'm gonna miss her like crazy these next few weeks. So, even though it's difficult to say goodbye to such an amazing friend, I'm oh-so-thankful that this internship gave me the opportunity to forge such a cherished relationship with someone I'll be able to hang out with at Harvard!

So, Kajsa, I'll miss you, but I'll see you soon. Have a wonderful vacation in Italy--eat some passionfruit gelato, and drink beer even though you pretend to hate it, and stay away from dead bugs, and feed cats some more granola bars, and get off at anahaba'a, and find a CafeCafe, and find the man who is your "perfect match" who makes it past all your deal-breakers. 

Can't wait to see you soon!

Sending hugs your way--


xox,
Aubs, your "spicy" travelling partner

No comments:

Post a Comment