Thursday 6 August 2015

Short and Sour

Okay, this post is going to be really short and slightly depressing, so just brace yourselves I guess.

Kajsa and I headed to the Tel Aviv beach with some acai bowls after work, which was beyond lovely, but the night was a bit of a bust. We decided at 9:30 PM to head home from Tel Aviv, about 15 miles or so from Raanana, and I didn't walk into the door until 12:30 AM. Sometimes I'm able to blow off minor setbacks with a shrug and a smile, but tonight, I'm just a little too frustrated, a little too tired, and a little too sad.

I feel fragile, like I did this past winter in Cambridge. It's like I'm a giant Jenga tower, and every small setback like the bus being 40 minutes late, or the bus driver setting the air to 59 degrees in the bus (seriously, dude?), or being locked out pulls one of those tiny little blocks from my precarious structure.

And I'm just homesick, and exhausted, and even though tons of funny and wonderful things happened today, I think that for the sake of my own sanity, I have to cut this blog short, get some rest, and reset my mind and outlook and attitude. I'll fill you in tomorrow on the hilarious antics of Davit, the complimenter, and the random guy who spit at me and Kajsa at the beach. For now... I need to crawl into bed and shut off my consciousness.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Gonna sleep it off,
Aubrye

No comments:

Post a Comment