Saturday 11 July 2015

A Few Days of Family

It's been a great two days!

Yesterday, I travelled with the family about two hours up north along the coast to visit Akiva, their son, at sleep-away camp.

Orit looking cool as a cucumber

All the way up to the campground, the girls were talking about all the fun they'd had at camp and all the activities they'd done when they were younger--and it sounded SO FUN. I just sat there, thinking about my camp-less summers as a child like--

I WANT CAMP.

So then, I was like, well mayyyybe I could go to camp NOW! Then everybody laughed at me and said camp was only for kids and that I could possibly be a counselor. I looked like this.

DON'T WANT RESPONSIBILITY, JUST WANNA DO CRAFTS.

I started to get over my jealousy a little bit. Then, I got to the beautiful campground, and everybody was singing and dancing and playing. UGH I wanted camp. I mean, I got some amazing opportunities--I got to play softball, and water polo, and I went to the beach. But the camp atmosphere was definitely pretty amazing.

Anyways, spent a wonderful day with the family--look how cute we are!

I almost fit in, right!?

We then drove about fifteen minutes up the road to Rosh Haniqra, a beautiful Mediterranean town on the Lebanese border.

Beautiful!

And I got some cute pics of myself too.

Hi guys!

We then walked right up the border, which was prettyyy cool!

205 kilometers to Jerusalem, 120 to Beirut

This experience was especially relevant, because I'm reading a book called From Beirut to Jerusalem--cool, right?


Today was Shabbat, and I was lucky enough to spend the day not only with my family but also with my fellow intern and friend, Kajsa! She ate lunch with us, and we got to discuss Judaism and Harvard with my host family. It was exciting--she had quite a few questions about the Shabbat customs and about the religion--and I knew how to answer about them! Isn't that cool!?! 

It's been a relaxing and fun two days, and I head back to work tomorrow... after five days off. Oops. Should be a great time!

Signing off,
Aubs



No comments:

Post a Comment