Monday 20 July 2015

Is This Really My Life?

Honestly, there are so many days I wake up, I live through, I savor, and I wonder... "Is this really my life? Could this be possible?"

For example, today. I woke up early to do sun salutations for yoga, which is about the most relaxing way to begin a day and such a loving treat for your body and soul.

I got dressed and stepped out into the 90-degree heat, welcoming the warmth on my skin. I made a promise to myself that after this atrocious winter (I'm still having flashbacks--I'll shiver and chatter my teeth when I think about the horrors of a New England February) that I would never--EVER--claim it was "too hot." Ever. So while everyone else is like--


I'm like--


But to me, the heat and humidity are quite heavenly. After an ordinary attempted kidnapping (two middle-aged men insisted I get in their car, even after I'd refused over ten times--normal), I hopped on the bus to get to work. 

At work, I accomplished my goal for the summer--I finished my paper!!! Well, the first draft at least.

210 footnotes. 10,500 words. 40 pages double-spaced. Over 75 sources. Blood, sweat,, and tears. It's done! At least until I turn it in proudly to my internship director, she glances at it, then goes--


Then, as I walk away dejectedly, I'll hear her mutter--


Classic. But actually, typing out the conclusion felt like such an achievement. I'm proud of myself!

A few hours after getting back home, Michal and I headed to Herzliya Beach to read and watch the sunset.

I mean... it's only my paradise.

Look at this view.

WOW.

We set up our chairs right on the shore where the waves broke. The water was the temperature of a jacuzzi, offsetting the slight chill of a breeze. Then--as if my life couldn't get more perfect--a tiny, few-months-old puppy frolicked past me.

OH

MY

LANTA.

Petting random animals is apparently kind of my thing...



After the puppy romped across the beach, I continued to read and the sun's orange bled into the water.


Heaven. Came back to the house for a lovely meal with the family--Akiva is back from camp!--and then into bed for some relaxation. 

Honestly, life is so good. I'm absolutely blessed. Fulfilling work, stunning beach views, an incredible family, adorable dogs. It's like I'm living in a dream. Is this really my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment